Dining Room Manager
We are looking for a Dining Room Manager to lead all aspects of our front of house operations at our Independent Living dining room. Dining Room manager responsibilities include staffing, training and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Supervisory experience is essential, as you’ll hire qualified Hosts and Wait Staff, set work schedules, and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations. We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our dining room runs smoothly and residents have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize resident satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to resident complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage dining room’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future Dining Services operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Supervisor or Manager
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform residents and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
This is a full time position. Moravian Village is a 24 hr/365 day facility, so availability for rotating weekends and holidays on call are a must.
We are the premier retirement community in the Lehigh Valley providing the highest quality care and services to our residents since 2003 in a manner consistent with our Moravian heritage that dates back to the 1700’s.
Full-time Moravian Village team members enjoy these benefits:
Health Insurance including dental and vision
403 (b) Retirement Plan
Generous paid time off including:Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Personal time
We believe that people are our most important asset!
Moravian Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year