Prep Cook/Line Cook
*Moravian Village of Bethlehem requires all employees to be vaccinated*
We are looking for ambitious cooks to prepare food to the chef’s specifications and set up stations for menu in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Culinary students encouraged to apply!
We offer flexible scheduling.
Our dinner service is early, our kitchen staff rarely works past 8:30pm!
We offer education opportunities with the ACF! (American Culinary Federation)
*Rotating weekends and holidays required*
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma is a plus
- Ability to work well with a team
We are the premier retirement community in the Lehigh Valley providing the highest quality care and services to our residents since 2003. Our care and values are consistent with our Moravian heritage that dates back to the 1700’s. We aspire to help educate and motivate our team to foster growth and development within our organization and community. Our company values of Friendship, Health, and Freedom drive our intentions to help our employees live by those same values and reach their goals. Creating bonds with team members and residents, staying safe and healthy, and the freedom to grow and change within the organization is how we create one of the top 55+ communities in the Lehigh Valley.
Full time Moravian Village team members enjoy these benefits:
Health Insurance including dental and vision
401K Retirement Plan
Generous paid time off: Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Personal time
We believe that people are our most important asset!
Moravian Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||Dining Services|