Moravian Village is looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma
We are the premier retirement community in the Lehigh Valley providing the highest quality care and services to our residents since 2003 in a manner consistent with our Moravian heritage that dates back to the 1700’s.
Fulltime Moravian Village team members enjoy these benefits:
Health Insurance including dental and vision
403 (b) Retirement Plan
Generous paid time off including:Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Personal time
We believe that people are our most important asset!
Moravian Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour