We are looking for an experienced HVAC technician with EPA certification. Ideal candidate will be responsible for the maintenance & repair of the HVAC systems of 113 cottage homes, a 4 story apartment building and a 2 story healthcare center. Preferred candidate with a willingness to teach support staff and work with the maintenance department in other areas as needed. Examples include training staff on effective preventive maintenance. Participate in snow removal and general repair & maintenance needs for the community as they arise.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Mentor maintenance staff
- Conduct general upkeep procedures and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Snow removal
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, as well as EPA certification
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired
This is a full time position. Moravian Village is a 24 hr/365 day facility, so availability for rotating weekends and holidays on call are a must.
We are the premier retirement community in the Lehigh Valley providing the highest quality care and services to our residents since 2003 in a manner consistent with our Moravian heritage that dates back to the 1700’s.
Full-time Moravian Village team members enjoy these benefits:
Health Insurance including dental and vision
403 (b) Retirement Plan
Generous paid time off including:Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Personal time
We believe that people are our most important asset!
Moravian Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour