The Market Street Cottages at Moravian Village of Bethlehem is a 55 plus community consisting of 105 independent living residences. To continue to provide our residents with quality activities to maintain and improve their health, in the spring of 2018 Moravian Village will be constructing a new garden area. The new Cottages’ Garden will contain perennials and shrubs, raised planter beds, compost bins, a storage shed, fencing and areas for seating. We hope that you will make a generous contribution, to help the garden bloom.
The health and therapeutic benefits of gardening within a 55 plus community are many and include:
- An enjoyable form of exercise that uses all motor skills which leads to better mobility and flexibility, reduction in pain, improvement in attention and reduction of falls
- Encourages autonomy and sensory stimulation
- Social interaction, sharing, feeling of wellbeing, community spirit, and sense of pride as you see the results of your labors
- Connecting with nature can lower blood pressure, reduce stress, and depression
- Spending safe time in the sun, increases vitamin D absorption which helps bone density and osteoporosis
- Improved health through better nutrition with fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs
There is a peacefulness found in a garden. Your gardening efforts are doing more than beautifying The Market Street Cottages, they are actually making you happier and healthier.
Click here to view the Market Streets Cottages' Garden Concept Plan
The Reverend Douglas & Barbara Caldwell Center for Memory Care at Moravian Village of Bethlehem is a 7,254 square foot community with specialized twenty private/semi-private rooms for the care of residents with neurocognitive disorders and is licensed for skilled nursing care for short or long term residency.
- Certified and trained memory care staff hold certifications obtained from the Alzheimer’s Association program.
- It’s Never Too Late technology – The IN2L system is built to increase desired outcomes for dementia patients focusing on activities, images and music that they prefer and creates interaction between residents, family and staff. The purpose-driven content helps dementia patients relax, reduce anxiety, be entertained, reminisce, laugh, exercise, be engaged, stay connected and achieve a better quality of life.
- The Four Seasons room provides abundant space for gatherings and leisure activities with an easily accessible secure and enclosed courtyard.
- Physician services and various care clinics are available on-site for the convenience of residents and include cardiac and wound care programs as well as physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy rehabilitation services.
- An individually designed dining program is available for each resident.
The Healthcare Center at Moravian Village of Bethlehem provides top quality Rehabilitation, Wound Healing, Cardiac Care and Memory Care services to over 150 patients. There is always a need for new medical equipment to perform at our absolute best, reduce patient hospitalization, and increase the quality of care provided. Current needs include state-of-the-art technology for the Memory Care Center and a computerized bedside charting system.
The Gallery at Moravian Village of Bethlehem is pleased to provide a meaningful and lasting way for you to honor a special person, recognize an exceptional caretaker, memorialize a loved one, or acknowledge an achievement!
Your personal message can be permanently etched on a 5"x8" Gallery Window Pane.
The Good Samaritan Fund provides financial assistance and charitable care to Moravian Village of Bethlehem residents who have depleted or outlived their own resources, allowing then to continue to receive the same quality of services, care, and life enrichment as residents with means still available.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs that may double your charitable gift to Moravian Village of Bethlehem. Some companies even match gifts made by retirees or spouses of employees. Ask your employer’s Human Resources department if your gift can be matched.
Areas of our HealthCare Center are being remodeled to provide long term care patients with private home-like suites and bathrooms, some with showers.
This area will allow for choice in decoration and appointments.